It was wonderful for me to work at the Cozy Tea Cart Cafe while we were in Brookline for the week: the commute, the tea, the macaroons, the views. It got even better when I realized that our last few days in the area corresponded with NH Open Doors, which happened to be taking place at The Cozy Tea Cart!
NH Open Doors is a statewide shopping and touring event that, this year, took place on November 2nd and 3rd. It’s all about enjoying the natural beauty of New Hampshire while shopping for items made in the state and sampling food from local restaurants and vendors. The Cozy Tea Cart Cafe was one of this year’s participants.
Along with a sample Thanksgiving dinner, the event at The Cozy Tea Cart included a meet-n-greet with New Hampshire artist Melanie Chouinard from The Silver Branch. Melanie is a polymer clay fantasy sculptor, and her works are both breathtaking and adorable. The tiny, sleeping babies adorned with faery wings are magical. Her mushroom villages, with stone paths leading over the moss to petite front doors, are nestled in a variety of delicate teacups. I bought a large one for just $32. (I’m hoping a little museum putty will hold it tight as we motor down the road.)
In addition to Melanie’s pieces, the store at The Cozy Tea Cart offered plenty of gift options for tea lovers: Victorian and Japanese-style tea sets, tea towels and cozies, magazines, notecards, dessert plates, loose-leaf tea, lemon curd and oat biscuits to create the perfect tea party, and more. There was no excuse for leaving empty-handed!
All that shopping and art appreciation builds an appetite. The free Thanksgiving sampling dinner and tea pairing took care of it.
- Our Sister’s Nuts provided the appetizer.
- Chestnut soup was paired with Almond Snowflake Tea. (I used it as gravy over my turkey. Delish!)
- Herb-roasted turkey was paired with Ceylon Breakfast Tea.
- Chilled pineapple cranberry relish was paired with Ginger Pear Spice Tea. (That was the tea I drank when I was working. Yummy!)
- Brown butter and sage sweet potato ravioli was paired with Fireside Green Apple Tea. (Love the idea of serving ravioli at Thanksgiving!)
- Roasted garlic mashed potatoes were paired with Iron Buddha Oolong.
- Glazed maple vanilla carrots were paired with Hot Apple Cider Tea.
- Dessert was gluten-free gingerbread with maple buttercream frosting paired with Vanilla Indulgence Herbal Rooibos.