Pasta, red sauce, ground beef and lots of ooey-gooey cheese. Yum! Lasagna is always delicious, but sometimes it’s a pain to make. That’s why I was excited to find a shortcut recipe over at Iowa Girl Eats. It takes all the hassle out of making this classic Italian dish but leaves all the scrumptious flavor in! Use reduced fat shredded cheese and lean ground beef for a healthier twist on comfort food.
Since we have no dishwasher in the RV (unless you count me!), I appreciate that this entree uses only two pans. Clean-up is a lot easier!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 24-ounce jar of marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen cheese ravioli (Do not thaw.)
- Shredded reduced-fat Italian or Fiesta cheese blend (Mike is a cheese fanatic, so we use beaucoup fromage. Adjust for your tastes.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink. (You can season with garlic salt and pepper if you’d like. I didn’t, though, and it was still very tasty.) Drain and set aside.
- Spread 1/4 cup marinara sauce in the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish.
- Add 1/2 the frozen ravioli, ground beef, sauce, and cheese. Repeat layers one more time.
- Cover with a sheet of foil (spritzed with non-stick olive oil spray); then bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and then bake for 10 more minutes, until cheese is bubbly.